- At ride+workout, we pride ourselves on starting on time, ending on time and working hard in between.
- Arrive on time. If you are late for class, simply take a spot in the back of the room and gather any equipment that you may need. At studio row, you may need to pull out your own rower and any additional equipment needed.
- Cancellation policy: If a class is full and you choose not to show, you will be charged for the class or a day will be deducted from your unlimited membership. For full/waitlisted classes, early cancellation is up to 10 hours before the start of class. At class start time, any open spots will be given to stand-by clients (if you are late, you could lose your reservation). Cancelling online is appreciated. We will refund the class to your account if the class is not full.
- Inclement weather policy: We do our best to always offer classes. If the weather is nasty, please check our online scheduler for any last minute cancellations (this rarely occurs).
- The moment class begins, please keep your focus on your workout. Courtesy makes everyone's workout more efficient and effective. Giving your cell phone a break for an hour is a good thing! Chatting with your neighbor? You must not be working hard enough.
- The studio does not offer childcare. Tweens and young teenagers are welcomed to workout with an adult. Older teens 16-19, join us anytime! Teens/students can purchase the drop-in student rate at the studio.
- Please sign-in at the front desk for all classes. If you have pre-registered online, just initial by your name.
- Wiping down your bike or water rower (including the mat, surrounding floor) after your ride/row is greatly appreciated and necessary!
- All series packages expire one year from date of purchase (unless noted otherwise). No exceptions, no extensions. Series packages and monthly unlimited packages are non-transferable. Series packages may be shared among immediate family members (spouses, significant others, and children).
- It is worthwhile to be on a waitlist. The online reservation system will notify the next person on a wait list via e-mail when a cancellation is made.
- All of our bikes are equipped with SPD compatible clips and cages. Changing of pedals is prohibited.
- AWARENESS IS A MUST! In our classes, many bodies are working closely together. Clean workout clothes and extra deodorant are necessary! Heavy perfumes can be nauseating. Thank you!
- The LOST and FOUND bin is located in the back studio ride. The studios are not responsible for lost items or any items left at the studio. Every 2-3 months we donate the items from the lost and found to those in need.
- During wet, snowy, icy weather, please change into your workout shoes at the studio. PLEASE NO WET/SNOWY SHOES ON STUDIO FLOORS. Boot trays and storage cubbies are available.
- Questions? Please call or text 216-926-5182 or email email@example.com.
Are series packages and unlimited memberships valid at both studios? Yes.
Is registering online recommended? Yes. Walk-ins are welcome, but classes do sell out. Online reservations also allow instructors to appropriately set up for classes.
What's the studio's cancellation policy? If a class is full and you choose not to show, you will be charged for the class or a day will be taken away from your unlimited membership. For full/waitlisted classes, early cancellation is up to 10 hours before the start of class. If a class is not full, we will early cancel you. Canceling prior to class is always courteous. If you have a reservation and arrive late, your spot will be given to a stand-by client.
Can I ride if I am a beginner? Yes! Your instructor will remind you to pace yourself. With dedication and discipline, your strength and stamina will increase and the workout will improve every time. Ride/TRX BASICS is a great choice if you are new. First timer? Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class begins.
What is indoor group rowing and how will I benefit? Rowing is a strength-endurance sport. One of the few non-weight bearing, low-impact sports that exercises all of the major muscle groups, including quadriceps, latissimus dorsi, gluteals and core stabilizers. Rowing improves cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. For runners and other endurance athletes, rowing enhances your training in an amazing way! It's a great calorie burn (500-750 calories per hour).
What is a water rower? A water rower is an indoor rowing machine that catches with water rather than traditional rowers (ergs) that catch with air. It simulates the action of water rowing for the purpose of training. In addition to the high levels of fitness attained, rowing is an intense calorie-burning exercise. Although rowers with less ability and strength will burn less calories, the indoor rower is an excellent tool for use in a weight-loss program.
How do I register for my first class? Registering online is recommended. It saves time and guarantees your reservation for class. Your $8 first class can be purchased online. We recommend taking your first class for $8. If you'd like to experience more of what the studio has to offer, purchase the New Client Offer ($60 for 30 days of unlimited classes) immediately after your first class or online before your next class.
Are the regular strength and core classes appropriate for clients new to regular exercise? These classes move quickly and are intense. A better option is the RIDE/TRX Basics or TRX BASICS (when offered). Once you feel you can properly hold a plank for 60 seconds and use the TRX, BOSU balance trainers and discs proficiently, give the more challenging classes a try. Starting with an Active Isolated Stretch (AIS) class is a great introduction to regular exercise.
What is Active Isolated Stretching? AIS is a method of stretching that focuses on the science behind the stretch. After 2 seconds, your body signals a stretched muscle to contract. With AIS, Every stretch activates, isolates and encourages tissues to lengthen with a maximum 2 second hold. AIS is the best maintenance a body can experience. When performed regularly, AIS encourages pain free movement, better strength gains and optimal range of motion. It's appropriate for all ages and levels of fitness. Private AIS appointments are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know where to go? Studio ride or studio row? Please go to our online scheduler. Next to each class name and the instructor's name is the room name - studio ride or studio row. The entrance to each studio is clearly marked as well.
What should I wear to ride or row? Bike shorts, capris or leggings work well. Shirts or tank tops made of sweat wicking material are a must. There's nothing more uncomfortable than a soaked, oversized cotton t-shirt. Baggy shorts are not ideal for rowing. They may catch on the monorail. For indoor cycling, athletic shoes are satisfactory, but cycling shoes are highly recommended. Try the classes before you buy the shoes. Regular athletic shoes are appropriate for rowing. Bring a water bottle and a towel.
Can my children wait for me while I workout? The studio does not offer childcare. Young children are not welcomed at the studio during class time. Tweens and teens are welcomed with an adult. Older teens (16-19) can join us anytime! Recommended age for rowing/riding is 13.
I've never used the TRX suspension training system before and it's a bit intimidating! No worries! If you'd like a short tutorial before or after class, just ask your instructor. Taking 5 minutes to get comfortable with adjusting the straps makes a huge difference. The Ride/TRX classes and the beginner's classes are a great way to begin using the TRX system. We also offer TRX Basics classes monthly during the winter season.
Do I really need strength/core training? Isn't cardio enough? With regular strength training, there's no better way to increase your lean body mass. Regular strength and core training is a must! Cardio is great, cardio and strength training is even better.
I am afraid I am going to bulk up from strength/core training. Firstly, are you taking testosterone? Are you power lifting for 3-4 hours a day? Are you training for the clean and jerk competition in the next Olympics? Guessing that your answer is no to all of the above, you are not going to bulk up. What you will create is strength, power, stamina and lean body mass that you thought you never had! You've just got to push it a little bit (and then some more). Being mindful of what you are eating plays an important role as well.
I already have a gym membership. Ride + workout offers a different atmosphere than a gym. We provide inspiring, challenging workouts in a positive, inviting atmosphere. Many of our clients visit us 3 to 5 times per week - just enough to shake up their gym routine. Some clients like us so much, we see them daily. Most importantly, do what works best for your schedule and your body.
Questions? We can help! Please call or text 216-926-5182 or email email@example.com. Our goal is to have every client feel welcome and comfortable at the studio!