FACT: Indoor rowing is challenging, but anyone from newcomer to workout fanatic can be successful at it!
FACT: Indoor rowing works 84% of your muscle mass! It's the perfect and huge calorie burn!
FACT: Indoor rowing builds power and stamina without wear and tear on your joints (your knees and hips will thank you).
FACT: A ROW 60 class is never 60 continuous minutes of rowing. We take breaks, we stretch, re-hydrate and re-energize throughout the class. You are out the door in 60 minutes. ROW Sculpt is a great combo of rowing and strength training. ROW HIIT gives you short, powerful intervals on the rower followed by bursts of strength training. All classes welcome modifications. If you need to take a break, take one!
Let's WIN at indoor rowing by following these helpful tips:
1. MAKE your first class a ROW Basics. Set yourself up for success by learning proper form in ROW Basics. This class is for all fitness levels. Dana teaches ROW Basics Wednesdays at 7PM.
2. COMMIT to 5-10 classes before you allow yourself to give up. Rowing, like any new experience that requires focus, breath and determination, takes more than one try. (Remember when your parents took the training wheels off of your bike?)
3. DRIVE with your lower body. Rowing is a pushing sport. The powerful stroke begins with your legs. Remind yourself of this with every stroke.
4. ALLOW for recovery on the return segment of your stroke. PUSH, patience, patience.
5. HAVE FUN and pat yourself on the back for trying something new. Amazing things happen when we step out of our comfort zone, get out of our heads and simply breathe and move!